Tamsco Food Systems Inc. is a wholly Canadian owned family business that was established in 1994 as a poultry trading company.
By 1999 Tamsco had moved to the present location in Brantford, Ontario and has evolved into a further processor of fully cooked entrée items for the food service, hospitality, health care, and retail food industries.
Our mission is to continually strive to exceed the expectations of our clients through honesty, integrity, reliability, and trust and to provide products that are innovative, safe, and of the highest quality, in a rewarding work environment while acting fiscally responsible.
Our Green Initiative
Ontario is our home where we are an active stakeholder and participant in the local poultry industry. We believe that it should be not only clean, safe, sustainable and humane but transparently so. Although we practice the following green policies we are not limited to these and we continue to seek out new and lasting ways to minimize our carbon footprint.
- Procure raw material for processing from local (Ontario) primary and further processors.
- Give preference to raw materials shipped in returnable totes rather than cardboard
- Minimize deliveries by encouraging our customers to purchase minimum quantities. Our product’s minimum 45 day shelf life allows the end user to buy more product, less often.
- Participate in recycling programs for paper and cardboard
- Purchase cleaning supplies in returnable containers
- Monitor water usage throughout the facility
- Hire local labour
- Reward program for employees that present ideas that contribute to the company efficiency.
- Use only high efficiency, low wattage lighting throughout the facility.
- Encourage all employees to participate in a continuous preventative maintenance program to point out and/or repair damaged equipment such as leaking pipes and faucets.
- Turn off unnecessary taps, computers, lighting and equipment when not in use.
- Utilize electronic customer ordering procedures and EFT for payments limiting paper and postal usage and costs.
Future Green Plans
- We are currently having an energy audit completed which will point out where we can improve energy usage.
- During 2015 Tamsco will install new roofing material which is a spray on white membrane. The white material will help reduce refrigeration usage and therefore costs by reflecting instead of absorbing the hot summer sun.